Last week, Nintendo announced that Mario Strikers: Battle League will be getting some new content — including new characters, a new stadium, and even some fancy new gear.
This same update is now officially live. Most notably, he adds Pauline and Diddy Kong to his character selection lineup. There is also a new “Planetoid” stadium to play on, and there are some tweaks and fixes to further improve the overall gameplay.
Here are the full details via the official Nintendo support page:
Version 1.2.0 (released September 21, 2022)
– “Paulin” has been added as a playable character.
– “Diddy Kong” has been added as a playable character.
– “Planetoid” stadium has been added.
– “Barrel” gear set has been added.
– “Attacker Ratings” has been added to the main menu. Compete by comparing your individual ability over a specified period of time to a ‘Skill Score’, which varies based on your performance in online matches (with the exception of Battle Friends).
– The following content has been added to “Strikers Club”.
– You can now customize the fans in the stadium. You can access this by going to “club management” → “stadium” → “supporters”.
– You can now use coins to display fireworks and cardboard when you score a goal or when you win a match. You can access this by going to “Club Management” → “Match Celebration”.
– Modify the behavior so that CPU team members distinguish their opponents more quickly.
– Modify the order of characters when switching characters.
– The charging time for perfect free passes and Loeb perfect free passes has been modified.
– Increase the amount of coins and tokens you earn based on match results.
Changed the time period for a rule in Strikers Club, which states that a club will not be allowed to join a season if no club member is online within a certain period of time, from 90 days to 30 days.
– Change the number? The blocks thrown to the losing team at the start of the match are 2 to 1 when the difference in the score is two points.
– Modify the matchmaking system in online matches.
– Made many other adjustments to the game balance and fixed many other issues to improve the gaming experience.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Did you notice anything else? Comment below.